GoGame365 - World of Games

Monday 17 December 2018

Philips 436M6VBPAB review: Our new 4K HDR champion

Every time an HDR monitor arrives on my desk, I say a small prayer to the gaming monitor gods: “Please, PLEASE let this one be good.” I don’t care if it’s hideously expensive like the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ or Acer Predator X27, I just want one that does HDR well and does it without a boat load of fuss and settings twiddling.

Readers, my prayers have been finally answered, and they come in the form of the giant and ever-catchily named Philips 436M6VBPAB. This jumbo TV-sized 43in 4K HDR monitor is arguably one of the best gaming monitors I’ve ever laid eyes on – and if that wasn’t enough, it also supports both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards and only costs £673 / $797 (or £530 in the UK as part of Scan’s Christmas deals promotion). What more could you possibly ask for?

(more…)


Source : rockpapershotgun.com