GoGame365 - World of Games

Monday 23 April 2018

Detroit: Become Human Makes Your Choices Feel Organic

When I asked the team behind Detroit: Become Human how many endings the game has, they struggled to give me an answer. Adam Williams, one of the lead writers at Quantic Dream, said “that depends how you define an ending.” Writer/Director David Cage thought about it and said, “I don’t know, a lot.” They said there might be a number floating around somewhere in an email, but they didn’t know it off by heart. I asked David what makes Detroit different from a Telltale game, too, and mentioned how gamers had been burned by the ‘every choice matters’ sales pitch we keep getting from publishers. He told me the script was over 4,000 pages long, that there are hundreds of variants when it comes to the ending, and that the game was a nightmare to QA test because of all the permutations.

Continue reading…


Source : IGN.com