GoGame365 - World of Games

Friday 15 February 2019

PSA: You should play Metro Exodus with Russian dialogue

Like everyone else and their irradiated mutant grandmother, I’ll be playing Metro Exodus this weekend. I gave 4A’s Stalkers-on-a-train opus a quick trial run this morning, but was immediately dismayed by a surfeit of malodorous fromage in its cod-Russian-accented English dialogue. It’s not the worst I’ve heard by a long shot, but it’s broad, broad, broad – enough so that it gently undermines the moody, murderous atmosphere.

For all I know, the Russian voice acting is even sillier, but to my heathen ears playing it with voices matching its Moscow setting, translated by English subtitles, makes for a vastly more atmospheric ride on the deathtrain. I wouldn’t play Metro Exodus any other way.

(more…)


Source : rockpapershotgun.com